Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Blogger's Aphorism

I was listening to a segment of Uncommon Knowledge this morning when I heard something remarkable (and hence, I am going to remark upon it). Guests Mark Steyn and Rob Long were discussing Ronald Reagan with host Peter Robinson. As President, Reagan made substantial hand-written revisions to the speeches that were prepared for him. Before becoming President, Reagan wrote his own speeches, and it is evident in his collection of letters that he devoted considerable thought to developing a coherent philosophical world view.

Rob Long, at one point, utters an aphorism: "How do I know what I think until I see what I write?" This aphorism, more than anything, sums up very handily why I bother with this blog.

1 comment:

Aishalo said...

I realize this is random for me to comment on your blog since I just clicked "next blog" and you happened to show up, but I don't really care.
I like that quote. Like, a lot. A lot a lot.


♥ Aishalo