Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowblind

We received our first sizeable snow fall of the season, and for the first time this year, winter looks like I remember it. Yes, the snow is a pain in the lower back. Yes, it makes it harder to get around. But what do you expect when you live in Ohio? If you don’t like snow, move to the sun belt.

Although the kids were home from school, I still had to go to work, and my wife had a cleaning job this morning (she’s a small-business owning entrepreneur), so we met for lunch. Upon entering the restaurant, I realized how bright the snow made it outside; I couldn’t see a thing until my eyes adjusted to the light. Every patron who entered made pretty much the same comment about not being able to see.

I made sure to wear my sunglasses on the trip back to work.

This ties (tenuously, I know) into a post by Fr. Schnippel concerning our need to engage pop culture. I don’t know whether I’m engaging it this afternoon, or locked into a death-struggle, because I can’t get the song “Snowblind” by Styx out of my head.

The chorus just keeps playing again, and again, and again.

No comments: