Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Way of Suffering

Jamie has a post on the grace-filled moments and the opportunities for growth in holiness that come with the unpleasant moments in ife. My dear wife has a post noting that I was home sick from work yesterday.

I’m feeling much better today, thank you for asking. Upon returning to my little cubicle, I reached for a tissue, that constant flow being one of my many symptoms. To my horror, the last few tissues came out, leaving an empty box on my desktop. That means that for the rest of the morning, I’ll be blowing my nose with napkins from the break room. My poor nose!

I didn’t expect to travel the way of suffering so soon. I should be thankful that a sore nose is the worst of my suffering.

Oh my Lord Jesus Christ, I offer up to you all of my sufferings, works, prayers, and joys of this day, for all the intentions of your most Sacred Heart, in union with the holy sacrifice of the mass throughout the world, in reparation for sin, and for the intentions of all my friends and associates, especially our holy
father, Pope Benedict XVI. Amen.

No comments: