Friday, July 24, 2009

Facebook Friends

I have, for a long time, had little use for social networking sites such as Facebook and Myspace. They seemed to me to be too much like exercises in vanity (but then, what the heck is Blogger?). I have, however, watched my wife get a great deal of enjoyment out of it. The site allows her to connect with old friends and keep tabs on distant cousins. At times, she looked like she was just plain having fun.

We’ve also learned that our thirteen year old daughter is not ready for Facebook without a hefty amount of parental supervision.

After all this time and ambivalence, I’ve decided to jump in (I'm sooooo vain). What brought about the change in attitude? Old friends of mine (my college roommate, for cryin’ out loud!) started sending friend requests to my wife as a way to get to me. I can’t have my friends cluttering up my wife’s wall!

So, now I’m on Facebook, in addition to Blogger. Oh, won’t you be my friend?

No comments: