Tuesday, March 17, 2009

5K Season Approaching



I received my invitation to the dance over the weekend. OK, that might be just a little melodramatic. What I actually received was an email notification of the first race in this year's Shelby County 5K Tour, a series of 5K races, all in Shelby County, beginning in late April and concluding in mid October. A new race has been added this year, bringing the total to twelve.

The tour begins with the BEST (Bringing Everyone at Shelby Hills Together) 5K at Tawawa Park in Sidney on April 25. That gives me 5-1/2 weeks to prepare. I think that I'm a little ahead of where I was at this point last year, but I've got to make more of an effort to get out and log some miles. I jogged 5-1/2 miles yesterday, and I can feel it in my feet, knees, and hips today.

A week or so ago, I ran outside for the first time in a while. My wife commented, "I'll bet you enjoyed running outside." I paused, not sure how to answer, then said, "Now that it's over, yes, it was nice to run outside." It seems as though I am chasing that runner's high that exists only in my memory and the jogging propaganda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you figure out how to get to that joggers high let me know. I have been searching for years and can't seem to find it