Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rack, Shack, and Benny

Today's reading from Daniel, when Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are thrown into the furnace by King Nebuchadnezzar always reminds me of two things. The first is a song that I was taught in elementary school. It was a public school, yet the two songs that I most remember were explicitly religious: "My Lord's gonna come in the mornin'; my Lord's gonna stay through the night. My Lord's gonna watch over me, and everything's gonna be all right." The other song was a Hannukah song: "Hannukah, oh Hannukah! Come light the mennorah. Let's have a party, we'll all dance the hora!" We would have an assembly in December where the whole school would sing Christmas carols, including Silent Night and Joy to the World.

But the other thing the passage reminds me of is the Veggie Tales story of Rack, Shack, and Benny. More specifically, the Bunny Song sung by Mr. Nezzar. It's catchy. It's viral. If you listen to it, it will be in your head for the rest of the day. I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, the ripple affect beings!!