Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Running Like Crazy

I was at my daughter’s softball game the other night, when one of the moms turned to me and asked if I was still running like crazy. She apparently sees me running all the time.

1. Gaa! You mean people can see me when I run? I should really pay more attention to what I’m wearing!

2. I didn’t realize that there was a degree of insanity involved.

3. I know how this works. She’s probably seen me a couple of times, and that turns into “all the time.”

4. I often run after work, and I have a 4.5 mile route that I usually follow. That places me along SR 66 for about four minutes. Anybody whose daily commute takes them through Minster on SR 66 at about the same time every day is likely to think that I’m always running, even if they only see me two days out of the week.

5. If I’m always running, I really should have more to show for it

Of course, I didn’t say any of this to her. I simply replied that yes, I was still running, and no, I’m not training for anything big, just the 5K tour which, by the way, really gets going with three races in June.

No comments: